Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Words


My work is about relationships: The truth, the made to look like, the what you thought it was, the what it actually is.
Animal qualities make my characters appear innocent and at first whimsical and safe. Later they reveal an unexplained tension.
They are not overly-dramatic; they are subtle, almost sneaky.
They walk on their tiptoes.
They tell stories, they keep secrets, they dance and sing, they comfort one another, they ignore,they control.
They are innocent and they are guilty.
They are vessels filled with memories, doubt, fear, and happiness.
They are mothers. They are fathers. They are children. They are all children.
The lines that hold them together also keep them apart.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful explanation. i find them enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are really nice, and what a good explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I like them. I could sense some of that and it got me hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think You capture something so important. This is so about life and You supply it both mature and fragile in the same Time. That´s why I think it´s so beautiful I guess. And, wow, great explained! I find it hard to put words to some of my visual artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I have been working on this to accompany my work as I apply for graduate school. Wish me luck, It will hopefully go in the post today 0:

    ReplyDelete